In communities like Wilmington NC, roofing needs to stand up to storms and all kinds of weather. As the trusted roofer in Wilmington NC, Southern Premier Roofing, have a new program to help local homeowners get superior roof protection for a low cost.
FORTIFIED Grant Program FAQs
Good news for North Carolina homeowners! A new federal grant program is available through their trusted local roofing company, Southern Premier Roofing. We’re offering the Fortified Grant to help homeowners around Wilmington NC with roof repairs and restorations using roofing services that meet FORTIFIED standards.
Who is FORTIFIED?
FORTIFIED is a construction method and standards designed by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) to provide the most storm damage protection for homes. A roof constructed to FORTIFIED standards is rated to withstand up to an EF-2 category tornado and a Category 3 hurricane.
What is the Fortified Grant Program?
Along with the IBHS, the North Carolina Insurance Underwriting Association (NCIUA) is offering a program for NC homeowners to upgrade their home exterior and roofing to meet the FORTIFIED standards.
What are the requirements for the program?
Not every North Carolina homeowner qualifies for this roof improvement grand program, but your trusted local roofing professionals, Southern Premier Roofing, can go over them with you. Here are a few Fortified Grant Program requirements.
- Your home must be in the Outer Banks and/or the Barrier Islands areas of NC. This is because these areas are highly susceptible to hurricanes and extreme weather.
- You can be an NCIUA homeowner with a homeowner’s wind policy that you’ve held since at least June 1, 2020.
- NCIUA dwelling and wind policyholders since at least July 1, 2020.
How to Apply for the Fortified Grant Program in Wilmington NC
The first thing to do to see if you could qualify to improve your NC home’s roof and exterior with roofing that meets Fortified standards is to contact the most experienced and knowledgeable roofing company in North Carolina, Southern Premier Roofing.
The FORTIFIED Grant Process
The process of application and approval for this grant program includes:
- Submitting and verifying the grant application. They’re processed on a first-come, first-served basis, so apply quickly!
- If your grant program application is accepted, the grant funds will be held on your behalf.
- Call Southern Premier Roofing so they can submit a bid to the grant program. We’re able to do this because we’re a FORTIFED roofing contractor.
- An evaluator from IBHS, who runs the program, will be assigned to you, and they’ll work with your local roofers to ensure that all roofing materials and construction processes are up to the Fortified standards throughout the roofing process.
- When your roofing work is done, your evaluator will send documentation of all Fortified roofing work to the IBHS.
- The funds will be released to you to pay for all the roofing work covered under the program.
Southern Premier Roofing: Your Local FORTIFIED Roofer
We’re trusted for roofing solutions all over North Carolina, so our experienced roofers can help you protect your home against severe weather like tornados and hurricanes with the latest in construction methods and the highest standards for roofing work. Because of our partnerships with insurance organizations like NCIUA, we’re experts in homeowners insurance as well as roofing. We’ll work with you to get you the best deal on your new, FORTIFIED-rated roof.
Want to protect your home from severe weather with a new roof? Don’t wait! Contact Southern Premier Roofing today!